top of page

Name Changes

A name change is common for women who wish to restore their maiden name. Name changes may be granted even if there are minor children. If you think you would like to change your name, it would best to do so as part of your divorce. Changing your name later is allowed, but would require additional court costs and attorney fees.

Changing a child’s surname requires the consent of both parents or a court order.

A husband cannot force a former spouse to change her name.

bottom of page